Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thank You Etsy Friends


One of the reasons that I have neglected my blog for so long is that my brother Bobby was tragically killed last fall in an automobile accident while travelling for business in NH. He was 46 and left a wife and 2 teenagers, and was hit by a teenager that had only been driving a month, but was going over 100 mph.
When all this was going on, many etsy friends were wonderful to me, and I can't possibly name them all here, but I wanted to thank a few of them . Some came to the wake or funeral, some were great comfort through email and convoes.


This wonderful quilt was made by Nancy at www.etsy.com/shop/uniquelynancy
The gorgeous cathedral window pillow cover is by Tiffany at www.etsy.com/shop/warmnfuzzies







This beautiful cut paper is done by Cathy at www.etsy.com/shop/myserenityway
The colorful birdfeeder is done by Dan at www.etsy.com/shop/ddb7





This fun felt sandwich comes from Myrhieah at www.etsy.com/shop/tangbaby
Please check out these shops, they are not only wonderful friends, but they do great work and you might just find something there that you can't live without.
I wish I could thank everyone, there are so many of you, but this small group will have to do for now.
Thanks to everyone for their kind words, their thoughtful gestures, and all the prayers. My sister-in-law, niece and nephew and doing pretty good, it is still very hard for them but they are trudging along like troopers. Bobby would be proud of how well they are doing.
Lauren

5 comments:

CraftyLady said...

Hang in there. I am so sorry for your loss- it will get better bit by bit over time. You have a great blog!

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

((HUGS))

MySerenityWay said...

I think part of the reason your sister-in-law and children are doing good is because they have a wonderful extended family to get them through. You have been there for them and are working through the sadness of your own loss. Thanks for giving me a shout out in your writeup.

ddb7 said...

what are friends for! for caring people like you! we'll always be here for you.

Tiffany said...

From all the write ups that I read, your family lost a great brother, son, father and husband. Thanks for the feature, Lauren.