Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And Jewelry Too!




I haven't featured any of my handmade jewelry in a while, so I thought I would showcase a few pieces. I have been doing metalsmithing for about 5 years now. I really enjoy making unique, one of a kind organic looking pieces.
The cuff bracelet on top is sterling silver and is 1/2" wide. It is roller printed with a leaf to give it the design, and oxidized to show off the pattern.
The pendant is quite unique. I sawed out a design in sterling sheet metal, soldered a bezel to the back and put in a flat stone. It hangs on a hanmade silver chain.
Lastly, I wanted to show you some brass and silver earrings. The earwires and the wire wrap are sterling, and the body of the earring is brass that I hammered to add texture and visual interest.
So stop by http://www.originalsbylauren.etsy.com/ and check out my jewelry, aprons, quilts and more.
I will be happy to ship gifts directly to the recipient gift wrapped for no extra charge.
Lauren


No comments: