Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What Do You Think About Christmas in July?


As usual, I need your help.
I am going to run a Christmas in July promotion in my shop http://www.originalsbylauren.etsy.com/ and would love your input.
I am undecided if I should offer a percentage off, free shipping , or a combination of the two.
I don't know if I should run it for a week or longer, and would also love your thoughts on that. I am thinking that 4th of July week would not be the best, as alot of people are on vacation, but maybe the week after that?
One more question, I got the holiday hunks pictured above in black, red, and green. I am making aprons and potholders, is there anything you would like to see in my shop made from these fabrics?
I look forward to your comments, thank you very much.
Lauren

9 comments:

Julia said...

Love the hunks! I would wear an apron with them on it....not sure if hubby would like that though. ;)
I would just do percent off...shipping is spendy. :)

LadieJaye and Elegance Boutique said...

Go for it! I'm with Julie the hunks are hot!

Anonymous said...

I am definitely planning a Christmas in July sale Lauren! I think having the hunks in the car as a litter holder would be fun!

mary
hoganfe handmade
handbag originals

ddb7 said...

like it says, " Christmas in all of July"! with free shipping,you better get busy girl! HOT commodity......

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

I think the Christmas in July sale is a great idea! Why not run it the entire month and I think free shipping is the best idea!

MySerenityWay said...

I was thinking the entire month also. But I wouldn't offer free shipping because it varies so depending on where the order has to go. I'd do a % off before shipping price. Love the fabric and that quilt is gorgeous.

Midnightcoiler said...

Napkins? Just a thought! ;)

Sorry, I can't help with the Christmas in July promotion. I've just never had luck with doing sales.

Midnightcoiler said...

Napkins? Just a thought! ;)

Sorry, I can't help with the Christmas in July promotion. I've just never had luck with doing sales.

Having trouble getting blogger to accept my comments, so please excuse if this comes up multiple times.

MandaMac said...

Ok, I just found your blog...and the aprons just sucked me in! You make some fab stuff, chica! I'm a blogger meself, and I do a lot of cooking and gardening, which I feature in my blog...gonna hafta get an apron to showcase! It's soooo hard to find cute aprons for curvy girls! Would you mind if I posted some of your aprons(with appropriate credit, of course) on my blog?
MandaMac